There has been a shift from TDM services to IP/MPLS networks over the past several years. With advances in technology the need for a more robust and secure network has become crucial in all industries. No where is this more important than in railway operations. The demand of internal and external users can not be met by legacy systems and IP only networks. The Nokia IP/MPLS network has the capability to address mission critical operations and the flexibility to support existing TDM services. The railway operator has a network with the following features:
- Highly scalable and reliable with redundancy and Fast Reroute (FRR) capabilities
- Addresses a range of QoS and service level agreement (SLA) requirements
- Optimizes bandwidth usage and avoids common modes through traffic engineering
- Extensive operations, administration, and maintenance (OAM) tools for troubleshooting and maintenance
- Advanced network and service management to simplify operations
- Supports future LTE deployments and other technologies
Find out how Infinity and their channel partner Seamless Mobility helped Norfolk Southern implement a new IP/MPLS network using Nokia (formerly Alcatel-Lucent) products. Read the case study below.