Nokia Network Functions Manager for Packet (formerly 5620 SAM)
The Network Services Platform (NSP) module for IP/MPLS management is the Network Functions Manager for Packet (NFM-P), formerly known as the Nokia 5620 Service Aware Manager (SAM). It enables end-to-end network and service management across all domains of the converged, all-IP network – delivering unified operations, whether network services are running in a virtualized environment or on specialized hardware platforms. This NSP module helps service providers quickly maximize operational efficiencies through fast provisioning and troubleshooting, proactive assurance, and flexibility that eases integration into the network. In addition, visually insightful approaches to network and service management, deliver enhanced network operations tools for meeting next-generation network assurance challenges, such as for Virtual Network Functions (VNF) assurance.
Tightly integrated within the NFM-P module, the Control Plane Assurance Manager (CPAM) provides unprecedented visibility into the dynamic multivendor IP/MPLS routing plane. Turn-key service portals are also optionally available to provide enhanced customization for the NFM-P module. And to speed IT/OSS deployment and simplify integration into the network, the NSP Connected Partner Program pre-certifies application interoperability with leading vendors in OSS fault management, performance and SLA management, inventory, network planning, offline traffic engineering and more.
Benefits & Features
- GUI forms simplify configuration, QoS assignment and provisioning.
- Automation speeds tasks and the costs associated with them.
- Service templates and rules-based configuration ensure error-free, consistent configuration.
- Fault correlation and troubleshooting tools show impacted services and the root cause of problems.
- Service assurance capabilities enable performance management and SLA reporting.
- Script management and GUI design tools plus custom workflow builders simplify integration.
- Open interfaces enable integration with custom web portals and OSSs/BSSs.